When you want to unlock your AT&T phone, you must have a procedure that will enable you make that perfect choice especially when acquiring these deals within the market. However, with a guide, you will always know what to if you need to make it perfect. Here is a guide on how to unlock at&t phone.
Before you begin
You must ensure that you do verify unlock eligibility of the device. This will ensure that it would work whenever you need to unlock it.
To verify its eligibility to unlock, you must follow the following steps before submitting the request:
- Visit the Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool.
- You must log in to your AT&T phone account when verifying the eligibility.
- Select your device, which needs an unlock code.
- Select Unlock Device.
- Select Unlock tablet or phone to work with the other wireless provider. You should ensure that it works properly when you want to unlock it.
- Follow these guided steps when verifying its eligibility. When you have no idea on what to do, you should ensure that you read the instructions correctly when making your decision right.
What are the main steps?
Here are the main steps on how to unlock AT&T phone:
You must ensure that you do submit device to the unlock request. It would enable you to kick-start the process of unlocking your AT&T phone. From your tablet or phone go to the link att.com/deviceunlock. You must ensure that you read before agreeing to these eligibility requirements before you can unlock the device. Complete before submitting the form.
You will receive confirmation email with the unlock request number. Select this link in your email within a day (24 hours) of receipt when confirming your unlock request.
AT&T will respond within 1-2 business days. AT&T will also sends you the instructions to use when unlocking your device once your request has been approved.
Additional steps are:
Check the unlock request status of your device by visiting Check Your Unlock Status when determining your request status to unlock the device.
To resend your instructions to unlock your device:
- Visit the website Check Your Unlock Status.
- Enter IMEI number (by dialing *#06# to obtain your device on the IMEI).
- Enter your Request number to proceed with the instructions.
Troubleshoot device for unlock instructions
In conclusion, the above information on how to unlock at&t phone will enable you understand the process of making sure that you do it right when unlocking your at&t phone easily.